Saturday, June 4, 2011

Is it Summer yet? At least it tastes like Summer

The weather is terrible, however I have to keep positive, after all we need the rain. We have been in a drought since 2008 after Gov. Terminator made the statewide state of emergency following three years of dry weather and depleting water levels. Thankfully, the water is here and now it won't go away.

Bored and stuck indoors, since it can't feel like summer, at least it can taste like it. Experiment Kabob here we go. I am a novice cook and my wife can vouch for that. I always try new things and often fail miserably, lets hope this isn't another disasterous failure.

Keeping it Simple with Beef Kabobs. I usually purchase Top-Round beef and cut it down to make stir-fry, carne asada, or something else that doesn't call for tender cuts. Kabob seems to fit the bill perfectly.
Basic Ingredients:

- Red Bell Pepper
- Cube cuts of Top Round (marinated overnight approx: 10hrs - Some fat left on the meat)
- Red Onion (Sweeter taste)
- Brown Sugar
- Pineapple Chunks
- Tomato

That's it.



Cut it up into bite size pieces and skewer, I rolled the meat in brown sugar just prior to cooking, but that's my personal sweet tooth. Pre-heat oven to 350 F, then set broiler to HIGH. Cook about 6" from the flame for 6' and flip, placed on lowest rack and turned off Broiler. Sit for 3' and then plate. Let's hope for the best.


Looks good, maybe a little to well done, but definitely edible. That's my standard for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment